Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blog #4

Last year I was part of a series of Social Networking lectures. Incredible as to the depth and width of today's cyber social system. If you have a message to share and you send it to ten friends, and they send it to ten friends each, and they send it to ten friends each - over 1000 "friends" have seen your message! The critical factor in this is - do you have something important to say?

As a result of my social networking experience I joined the 1000's in being a part of that social network craze. My Twitter account has over 20 followers and I follow a number of people. But I find that because I do not have internet access on my cell phone, I do not use, or view it often. And then there are those that just twitter too much - and they have nothing to say!

I redid my profile on my LinkedIn account, and actively link in to other individuals I know. I hope someday to use my "connections" to land an incredible job - or something like that!

Facebook keeps me linked in with my children, new friends and even old friends. That has been a fun site to reconnect with others.

But this past week I become a part of a Delicious new social bookmarking site. I am excited to start using this from home, so I can transfer all my "bookmarks" on the internet that I frequent often. This is good, because I am on numerous computers a day - that are not my own - and now I can access all those fun places I life to frequent. It is almost like the local bar - to get my internet fix!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh Ann you are so funny, I love your little bar reference at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll connect on LinkedIn! And loved your bar reference! haha :)

    ReplyDelete