Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog #3

Life long learning? That seems to epitomize my life! I was the child with their hand raised to either answer the question, or to ask a question. I thought it was just my sister, but I and a daughter of mine are guilty of knowing all these random facts. And then I just read recently that my mom was guilty of knowing all these random facts about life too. Why? Because each of us read and pick up on these bits and pieces of knowledge from unusual sources (no - not the Enquirer!).

My desire to come back to school and "finish what I started" is one of my quests for life long learning. If I could stay in school and just take classes that interest me - what fun that would be, minus the grades! Unfortunately you have to pay for college. But libraries, the internet - all hold vast amounts of information to pack away in my brain. Are we not a blessed people?

4 comments:

  1. I love that you like to read and pick up on things. That is something I wish I could do more of. I am planning on doing more of my own reading once I graduate but for now I get to read my textbooks...which is a good thing too! It is pretty crumby spending money on tuition but if you think about how inexpensive BYU is and that so many tithing dollars are spent on you, it doesn't seem to be as bad. Keep up the good learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I definitely think that we are a blessed people, and I completely identify with you on the whole random facts thing, me, my mom, and all of my siblings are also guitly of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great example to us! Way to be a lifelong learner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very blessed! And you are so awesome to be coming back to school to finish what you started. :)

    ReplyDelete